View Single Post
Old 06-23-20, 09:57 AM   #1383
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Eh, I have it backwards anyway... but that is a Contact Report you send by clicking on the Ship Icon. It then goes through the DynamicMiss.cfg file for routing to the DynmamicMiss folder, and its "ContactReport XX" folders and files, of which you either got 31 or 05 for the "Damage Task Force", same wording in both, only dependent upon what ship(s) were identified... It is the Status Report that you are limited by to having to complete the assigned Objectives before being given another... I'm still digging though. I'm like the kids when they were six and eight, digging holes all over the backyard, whether for buried treasure, or to bury treasure, or worm hunting to go fishing... they never filled them back in either... but I have like four holes open right now... lol - and all I've found thus far is grubs... and they bite!

No need to get bited here hehe... I think that the 'stucked needles' will more help you when another player is reporting this in another situation. For me resolving it is quite simple: I reload the last save where the needles are ok, and I don't have to go terribly back in time because I did a lot of saving.
What can help you maybe is this: I remember that when I load the TMO mod, all secondary needles play 'crazy' going up and down and there are background sounds of them that can be heard, I don't think this is intentional (with secondary needles I mean those which show engine pressure data or such, those gauges for decor whcih there are plenty of them). The reason why they play 'crazy' may be the same as the stucked needles in my case, although I cannot judge this, it's just an idea.

Then for my additional campaign mod: this one will not play-out differently than FOTRSU 1.1 as for the mission mechanics, only thing I have changed in the campaign files is the group spawn probability, the contact report probability and the report delay time (which is expressed in the ReportPosMin=xxxx) and that's it, nothing else. The consequence of this will be that you see more neutral or enemy icons appearing on the map with or without a report sent to you about these icons; I have increased all probabilities and reduced the 'report delay time' and all this can also influence wether these icons get their positions updated on the NavMap in rare cases. As you can see, I did not change any of the mechanics for the mission objectives or such. For my problem here, you can safely ignore the fact that I'm playing with this additional mod.

XS

Last edited by XenonSurf; 06-23-20 at 10:28 AM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote