View Single Post
Old 06-22-20, 11:43 AM   #1371
Havan_IronOak
Navy Dude

Downloads: 233
Uploads: 0

My boat is a Gar class out of Pearl. But the save was just Northwest of Linguyan(sp?) Gulf.

I wouldn't be surprised about the confusion on the taking damage bit, except that I specifically checked that after the battle and before I did the save.

Went to my boat management damage page and nothing was damaged. Personnel page - No one was wounded and hull damage was at 00.

I was a LONG way out when I tried to use the down camera key. Probably 30 seconds of Shift up-arrow.

Of the two issues, the "not showing damage that I actually took" is the more troubling but no one died and everything is fixable.

Actually, after posting my last entry here, I started SH4 again and chose an even earlier save. I've since played through that day with no issue (except that the tanker never materialized. But since my now functioning SJ Radar picked up a convoy of four merchants steaming right toward me, I'm willing to let the tanker slide.

I'm sorry if I'm being somewhat dense on the SJ radar. I set it to medium range and made sure it was weeping and that's why I spotted the convoy I'm guessing.

But two other questions have occurred...

1) What use is the 4000 yard setting on the SJ radar?
Unless weather conditions are appalling, I'm gonna visually spot anything that close, no?

2) Is there a secret to getting the Focus Mode to work?
After I found my targets using the sweep mode, I tried to use focused mode, hoping it would perform like telling my sound man to continually report on the nearest contact. Instead, I stopped getting any radar contact reports at all. I went back to sweep mode. And he started reporting again.
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
NVidia RTX2070 16 Gig

Last edited by Havan_IronOak; 06-22-20 at 09:38 PM.
Havan_IronOak is offline   Reply With Quote