View Single Post
Old 06-16-20, 10:33 AM   #451
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jay View Post
All the other mods work fine which is what I don't understand. When I load up WDAD there's a never ending list of missing files.

The root address is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\MODS

Edit: Ok seems that no mods are working now. If the MODS folder is in the data folder I don't think anything is loading.

Bump
Consult Moving a Steam Installation and Games. Your Steam install and its associated Steam Library folder (which is where the games are), being in a "Program Files" directory is what is "killing" your mods. Old DirectX v9.0c games (which includes SH3 & SH4) will not properly activate mods due to restrictions imposed by Windows UAC (User Access Control) components of the OS. Windows does not consider Silent Hunter nor JSGME as "authorized" programs, and as such, are not allowed to edit files in the "Program Files" folders. The programs were written to WindowsXP specs, not Vista and later. Once you move the install to a folder you create yourself, outside of "Program Files (x86)", then the mods should properly activate, so long as their folder structure is appropriate. If all you have for Steam games is the Silent Hunter series, or just SH4 Wolves of the Pacific and the U-Boat Missions Add-On, then it might be easier to un-install the games and Steam also, then install Steam into a folder, such as "Games", off of the "root" of your hard drive, such that you have "C:\Games \Steam..." which would then have the games in "C:\Games \Steam \SteamApps \ Common \Silent Hunter..." If you have a 2nd viable hard drive, or partition, then you can add a 2nd Library folder in the other drive and be OK that way. Either way, moving or altering a Steam install will take a good while to accomplish, just from all of the file copying...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote