View Single Post
Old 06-14-20, 09:47 AM   #1305
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 437
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havan_IronOak View Post
1) About Special Abilities... Do crew members still acquire special abilities in FotRSU?

I've now completed my 5th Patrol and so far the only special ability crewman I've got is the officer who can recharge batteries quickly.
Chiefs have a small chance of acquiring a special ability (15%).
JO's have a bit better chance (30%)
LT's are guaranteed one special. but a boat would have only one or two LT's.
Quote:
2) Am I correct that there's no multi-player version of SH4?
I recently noticed that it was listed as multi-player on the Steam website but I've never heard anything about it here in these forums. I have heard that there was Beta-Release of Silent Hunter On-Line that Ubisoft was attempting to develop back in 2013 but it never left the beta phase and the last server was shutdown in 2016.
as far as i know, the SH4 1.5 Uboat mission version has a multiplayer capability.

Quote:
4) Are there any refueling ships in the FotRSU mod? The very first time I played this game I played the (Stock) U-Boat campaign and I took the advanced sub with the Werther drive as soon as it was available. I kept getting assignments that were outside my patrol range no matter what seed I traveled at. And there were no re-fueling ships available. Yet when I watched One F Jef's Let's Play on You-tube as a U.S. Skipper he ran into a U.S. refueling ship early on. It always seemed kinda boneheaded that the U-Boat missions couldn't be better coordinated with the refueling ships. It's been a few years and my memory is getting a bit hazy but that's my story and I'm stickin to it!
no.
however, if you play the OpMonsun/Dark Waters mega-mod, there are milch cows enabled. it is actually kinda neat the way Fifi built them into the game. when you are finished with FOTRSU, you should check it out.
good luck.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote