View Single Post
Old 06-14-20, 02:00 AM   #1304
Havan_IronOak
Navy Dude

Downloads: 233
Uploads: 0
Default Some additional questions...

1) About Special Abilities... Do crew members still acquire special abilities in FotRSU?

I've now completed my 5th Patrol and so far the only special ability crewman I've got is the officer who can recharge batteries quickly.

2) Am I correct that there's no multi-player version of SH4?

I recently noticed that it was listed as multi-player on the Steam website but I've never heard anything about it here in these forums. I have heard that there was Beta-Release of Silent Hunter On-Line that Ubisoft was attempting to develop back in 2013 but it never left the beta phase and the last server was shutdown in 2016.

3) Is there a way to take a Steam Screenshot in FotRSU?

I know that anything outside the SH4 realm risks angering the CO2 gods but I see that folks have posted screenshots on Steam from this game. Steam doesn't seem to want me to do that... I CAN post artwork (Screenshots which I capture using Greenshot)

4) Are there any refueling ships in the FotRSU mod?

The very first time I played this game I played the (Stock) U-Boat campaign and I took the advanced sub with the Werther drive as soon as it was available. I kept getting assignments that were outside my patrol range no matter what seed I traveled at. And there were no re-fueling ships available. Yet when I watched One F Jef's Let's Play on You-tube as a U.S. Skipper he ran into a U.S. refueling ship early on. It always seemed kinda boneheaded that the U-Boat missions couldn't be better coordinated with the refueling ships. It's been a few years and my memory is getting a bit hazy but that's my story and I'm stickin to it!
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
NVidia RTX2070 16 Gig

Last edited by Havan_IronOak; 06-14-20 at 09:05 AM.
Havan_IronOak is offline   Reply With Quote