View Single Post
Old 06-11-20, 04:07 PM   #1293
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielCoffey View Post
How accurate are the named-vessel models supposed to be in terms of their size and draft?
Oh, they are supposed to be spot-on
The reason I am asking is that the model for the NCV Hiryu has a much deeper draft than the real vessel and may need to be edited to sit higher in the water and have its texture changed to lower the waterline. The wiki states she had a draft of 7.8m but the Blender model measures at 9.1m which is somewhat deeper than the other CVs I have tackled so far.
If you look at the model, as it sits in the display, you might notice sometimes that the little blue,green,red node indicator for the whole ship model is shifted forward, and sometimes downward or upward. The CA Furutaka sat so high for the longest time, you had to set for DD depth... not cool. Some of the models have that issue. Others are just drawn slightly off.
In addition the NCV Akagi had a real draft of 8.7m but the Blender model measures shallower at 7.8. No paint job would be needed on that one as it already sits with the paint line at or below the water. The NCV Enterprise was supposed to sit at 7.9m but the Blender model is slightly shallower at 7.1m.
Several of the merchants are like this...
At the end of the day is it more important just for the game stats to be correct as per the model so we can hit the damned things or are they supposed to be fairly accurate tributes to the actual vessels?
At the end of the day, I don't care about "historical" when it comes to targeting a vessel. It is difficult enough as it is with the stadimeter in the game to hit something. Being off by one pixel at the wrong time can really mess you up (especially me), so I would say that we have a game here, and to set the figures to what the model shows. There is a setting in the cfg files for "variation" for the draft, plus if a person puts in a "duds" mini-mod, there will be plenty enough misses without having the "draught" of a vessel showing 10 feet deeper than it really is in the game, and then the torpedo goes 25 deeper than that... However, it is ~your~ mod, so if you want historical, it will be "historical" then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
my apologies i have been busy with work.
what is or was the original issue?
i looked backward through the posts and i cannot find it which is probably more my problem than it is yours.
i would be glad to put another pair of eyes on a dotMIS file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbcrutch12 View Post
So I haven't played SH4 in years but got the hankering a few days ago. I downloaded and installed the game plus the FORTSU mod. Played a few days and everything was great. Starting my 3rd patrol, 65k or so total tonnage over the first 2, not staggering but I'm old and out of practice. Anyway, today, my save games refuse to load. The bar fills up, it looks like it's going to, and then it just sits. I hate to lose my save game but whatever, my bigger concern is getting invested in another start and then this happening again. If anyone can help that'd be awesome as I've been having a blast the last couple of days. Thanks a lot!!
Quote:
Hey! Thanks for taking the time to answer! I do have LAA properly activated. I know as I was originally getting CTD after I installed before I activated the LAA.

I do not have the patch you linked applied at this time. I tried to do it just now but got a CTD. It may be me failing to install it properly, if you could help there that would be great. Modding isn't a strong suit of mine, or really any suit.

Edit: I applied the patch through JSGME and I think I have it done correctly. I'm not sure how to tell though. I can start a new game but my saves are still dead.

As for my orders, I had done 2 normal objectives, perform patrol in the circled area for 3-5 days or whatever. Sank a merchant or 2 in each area before radioing in. I received orders to head to another area, with no circle, just the marker, and standby for further orders. My save was made as I was headed to that area.

Thanks!
Quote:
Actually I remember exactly although I'm not really sure why? It was "Sector 7" just NE of Takanabe. The lat/long of the star would be about 132°10'E and 32°3'N.
Quote:
Hey! I hate to lose that save but as I've already started a new one with the patch it is what it is. I hope my info helps iron out some of the issues. I'm glad folks like you take the time to make mods like this, it's way out of my depth! and for the record the mission was the "Proceed to area 7 and standby for further orders."

Thanks for all your help!
He might have blown the Save folder away already, but if he still has it, maybe you can walk him through finding the ID number of his assignment, which should be ID=ID143 for Sink Honshu 04 - Give him something like Patrol Honshu 04, ID=ID57, and see if it will start back up that set of Saves... if he still has it, please.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote