View Single Post
Old 06-11-20, 01:21 PM   #1290
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
Its August 24th 1942 and its my 5th patrol, a brand new career was started from Midway, the SH4 documents folder was deleted and the stock game files were checked with no changes reported from JSGME.
Activated mod list.
100_FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEdition_v1.1_EN
101_prBetaPatch_v1.1
3000 Yard Bearing Tool (1920x)
Daniel Coffeys SilhouettesMerchant01, SilhouettesMerchant02, SilhouettesSmallVessels03, SilhouettesLiners04.

The problem with Mk10 loadouts are fixed, yay, hydrophone surface contacts is fixed too, yay again.
SD radar thingie has not displayed its green screen in either a Gar or a Gato from start of career, I've just been offered an Improved SD radar and thats not on display either, turning it on or off has never had it displaying in either boat. That surface radar thingie is on display but not lit up, whereas the SD thingie has just a black screen, is this as intended or have you borked the files again.

Something is not right with either the upgrade files, the 2 boats already mentioned or its Midway that's not set up right, there's probably a lot more files involved as well but I wouldn't know what they would be.

End of report and waiting patiently for some answers.
The SD radar does not have a screen that lights. It does not have a screen at all. Only the SJ does - both the "A" scope and the PPI are for the SJ. You should get the SJ in June or later 1942, dependent upon your base.

Does the SD turn on & off as intended? Do you get a text message in the "Comm Box" informing you that as you press the <T> key, that it toggles it? A <Ctrl><T> combo does the SJ, or either or both can be controlled by the menu buttons. The SJ radar will sometimes have problems upgrading if you do not have the correct conning tower upgrade already in-place when it goes to upgrade. But all boats should show SJ radar after about June 1942, location dependent, then Improved SD sometime after March 1943, Improved SJ after June 1943, and then SV and ST after Jan 1945...

Part of the upgrading process is that most of the radars mount on specific masts, which go in specific places on specific sails. If you don't have the proper conning tower, you won't have the proper mast, resulting in a borked radar installation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbcrutch12 View Post
Hey! I hate to lose that save but as I've already started a new one with the patch it is what it is. I hope my info helps iron out some of the issues. I'm glad folks like you take the time to make mods like this, it's way out of my depth! and for the record the mission was the "Proceed to area 7 and standby for further orders."
Thanks for that. As info, I have not found anything wrong in any of files thus far, but I will run some automated "searches" tonight to be certain. I did have the correct file then to begin the hunt with... There are quite a few factors that contribute to the loss of a Save file, scariest of course being mod issues, but also, shelling out to Windows should be avoided, high levels of TC should be avoided (which is a very subjective matter, and very computer dependent). One person does fine, while another has all sorts of issues. The free space on the drive, as well as fragmentation level, and the speed of the drive, can all influence things, as well as whether you use write-caching on the drive and / or give the computer time to write the save data. Even still, with the best operating practices, the Saves can and do just quit functioning... Starting with a clean Save folder after mod activation is SOP, and not changing the mod after beginning a career should be also, but...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote