Havan_IronOak
Navy Dude

Downloads: 233
Uploads: 0
Default My hull damage was repaired in Freemantle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz Klum View Post
Hey - this may sound like a dumb question, but:
does hull damage get repaired upon returning to base in this mod? I think that happens in the stock version of the game, but not sure if it happens in mod. Reason being, I took a bit of damage from some harbor submarine nets around Truk naval base, and am hoping it will be able to be repaired.

Its not a huge amount - 3 points - but it still peeves me a bit.
I took about 24 points of hull damage to my Tambor class sub due to a close encounter with a troop transport in really shallow waters.

When I ended my patrol in Freemantle (Nov 1942) the damage was repaired and my hull was back up to 100% when I left on my next mission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
I am in the Gato out of Perth/Fremantle still in mid-1944. In port every new load out is all Mark 10’s. Also, at this late date in the war my AA is still the .50 machine gun. I should have at least a twin 20mm, if not a Bofors by now, don’t you think?
1) For what it's worth my Tambor class sub also gets filled with Mark10s when I end a patrol in Freemantle. However, if I stop for a quick refit at that sub base in extreme NW Australia I get the Mark15s and it saves me a bit of swapping out.
2) I've still not seen any SJ radar on offer though my last patrol ended in Late 42. Does anyone know when it kicks in?
3) Was offered the Bofurs AA gun and swapped it in. Tried it on a junk more as an experiment than anything else but after emptying two clips of HE ammo and seeing no damage I gave up. I was pretty close and don't think I missed all that much. Does that seem right?

-- Other odds & ends --
4) Reported earlier that I was only seeing a very few medals after each patrol for my crew. Got about 6 after ending my 5th patrol. So I guess that that IS working fine.
5) Pretty much emptied 5 boatloads of Mark15s. Only got 1 reported dud so far. That's using magnetic triggers and setting the depth of merchants to 20+ . Only one ran under the target ship. There have been a few misses of course. Not sure what the dud rate the mod is using is set at, but I'm using the base mod, none of the extra duddy torpedoes.
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
NVidia RTX2070 16 Gig

Last edited by Havan_IronOak; 06-11-20 at 09:09 AM.
Havan_IronOak is offline   Reply With Quote