View Single Post
Old 05-08-20, 12:42 PM   #950
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post
What I would suggest doing is naming your save games after your objective. For instance, if you were ordered to patrol in area 11-B, name your save-game "Area 11-B 1" and if you saved again in that patrol grid area, name it "Area 11-B 2" and if you were ordered to patrol in that area again, name it "Area 11-B 2.0 1".

That is what I do and it works for me.

That's an idea to have, but there is an important finesse to know I think:

You don't want to save within your patrol area if you haven't yet achieved the mission goal. The reason is - I guess it's the same like in SH5 - that your patrol timer will be reset if you save/reload. Let's say you are ordered to patrol for 5 days, you will have to do it in one-go in your patrol area - and then save, or you save just before entering your patrol circle. Doing differently will cause you to have to patrol for 5 days again before completing successfully your objective. Of course if you achieve a lot of tonnage in your zone then you can neglect this, you will have a high score when returning to your base anyway

Note that in SH5 there is the additional nuisance that the same enemy (be it a single or a convoy) will freshly spawn a 2nd time after reloading in the patrol zone, I hope this doesn't happen in SH4.

If this ain't so, then all the better, you can save when you want.

XS

Last edited by XenonSurf; 05-08-20 at 12:55 PM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote