View Single Post
Old 05-06-20, 11:45 AM   #936
Mios 4Me
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH4K View Post
Also - I am having a persistent problem with the game crashing when I try to load a recent save. I am not touching the savegame folder between playing sessions, so I don't understand how the saves can get "corrupted" just sitting there.

I get as far as the "No mission too difficult" screen that you see just before getting into the actual game.

Typically, I'll have to go way back in my patrol. Once or twice, I've had to go all the way back to the "OnLeavingBase" auto-save & restart that patrol.

I've already lost one war career this way, because I had already deleted the oldest saves.

This will happen between sessions of SH4. Rebooting my PC has no effect.
That's unfortunately a hallmark of the stock game itself. I'd hoped the mod might magically cure it, but of course it's still there. I'd sneaked into Tokyo Bay almost to Kawasaki, then saved and shut down last night. Now it won't load anything all the way back to the previous game day. Grrr....

One cause seems to be shelling out to another program, or, as in my case, having the manufacturer very helpfully interrupt with popups for the latest "enhancements".
Mios 4Me is offline   Reply With Quote