View Single Post
Old 05-03-20, 08:23 AM   #883
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxder View Post
Hey all; as I've said elsewhere, I'm returning to SHIV for the nth time after a few years of absence, and was pleasantly surprised to see a brand new supermod waiting for me here! Thank you! I'm about to begin my third patrol with no issues.

I am at a loss, however, on how to manage my crew. I appreciate the added realism that prevents a Captain from having a literal boatful of Chiefs, but I don't understand how to work around what seems to be the opposite extreme in this mod. I can't promote a single E-6 without literally dismissing ALL of my existing Chiefs! I feel like I must be missing something...any suggestions?
When you say "managing" your crew, there isn't much of that in SH4, of course. As for the promoting, We have another update that should help in that regard in the next release, of which we might have to drop a couple of issues and just go with what we have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik112 View Post
????
Sorry we missed that earlier nik112... but "Yes" the DD and DE, as well as CL and CA and BB if so equipped, can shoot torpedoes at you if you keep your periscope up and they get a bead on you, as well as are able to turn the tube launcher your way. It takes about as long to do as shooting the main guns on a BB, so if you are close to a BB and see the guns about on your location, the ships with torpedoes are launching same. So you have roughly 15 seconds initially before you'll see a response to your periscope, and then a similar response time to launch. If you come back up with the scope a 2nd time too soon while in the same vicinity, they will react faster. We might attempt an add-in later that would minimize the torpedoes, but we are still trying to track down the deck gun issue, or roll it back to what it was (which was relatively predictable), as well as at least 2 other issues, so when we get time...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote