View Single Post
Old 05-02-20, 10:31 PM   #879
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubmarinerJoe View Post
Loving this mod so far but I have encountered a mission that I don't really know how to best complete so I figured i'd ask here first before wasting time in-game.

I dropped off a coastwatcher and squad on the coast south of Rabaul and was ordered to patrol the area. I was then told, more or less, that his mission had gone to hell and that he was being aggressively pursued. The map location says to go back to the original area but it says something about them being in a boat, "headed southeast from the point on the north side of the original insertion area."

I know this is probably a dumb question but are they really in a boat and i'm supposed to comb the waters for them or just wait near the coast? In real life I would do the former since that's what was explicitly stated but I don't want to necessarily apply real life to a situation that's limited by game mechanics.
You will find them in a life raft, if you can find them. They are not worth too many points (150??). You pick them up just like you do a regular "Survivor". The raft is just a "clone" of that, so you would see the pink cloud in the area, then two or three persons in the boat. Usually, the crew will not announce "seeing" them until your are under 1100 yards away. Small boat, I guess... You approach the final distance slow, be on the bridge with the Bridge menu buttons, which has a life-preserver ring button, and when you get within about 400-500 yards, use the binoculars to aim near the raft such that during wave swells they pass in front of the binocular's cross hatch, and as that turns from yellow to red, you press the life-preserver ring button and affect the pick-up. If you are close to the area at the time of the new orders coming over, you can usually find them. If you're instead on the other side of the Sea, you usually cannot get back in time to find them. I might try to change that, come to think of it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mios 4Me View Post
Thanks for all the assistance, everyone; the problem was the separation from the steam pathway.

The problem now is that, despite fully deleting both Steam and SH4 and reinstalling, the game won't load. A small window opens, too briefly to read, but I suspect it's a DRM issue. Oh, and when I load jgsme after the reinstallation, the mod is already in place and enabled.

The new pathway is C:\Games\steamapps\common\SilentHunter4
Glad you got it. As Mad Mardigan mentions about his set-up, it is different from what you could do just a few weeks ago. I'll have to try his way on my Win10 box. With Windows 7, I have no issues.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote