View Single Post
Old 05-02-20, 09:19 PM   #876
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO Re:Mios 4Me /Re: Enabled but not activated.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mios 4Me View Post
I just spent the afternoon deleting and reinstalling Steam and SH4, including the Save folder, and getting JSGSME to load the mod. JGSME indicates it has been enabled but I don't see any differences from stock. There are no Aleutian options listed in the Quick Patrols menu. Quick recon to Palau in early 1944 turned up no new aircraft or ship types, unremarkably, nor signs of a naval base around Truk.

Also the mislocated base at Halmahera, listed as Mios Woendi, is still there.

Game is installed in C:\Games\SilentHunter4

For future reference: Win10 Pro, 64 bit, 1.8/1.99 GHz CPU, 16 GB RAM, Intel UHD 620.
Just for the record, the following is how I have my steam driven copy of SH4 installed:

C:\Games\Silent-Hunter\SH4-Steam\steamapps\common\*name of the mod flavor you want to run with, just replace this with that name, NO SPACES.!*

For this, as an example, I went with for Fall of the Rising Sun with:

C:\Games\Silent-Hunter\SH4-Steam\steamapps\common\FotRS-U-EN

I keep the base copy of SH4, all by itself in the common\ *just as steam tagged it...*, with FotRS-U-EN, in a separate folder in common\ & each copy that I want to look at doing, is copied from common\*just as steam tagged it* (with the folder copy of the unmodded being set into desktop, to undergo repair work*insert sparks flying & sound of hammering ongoing*main copy being name changed to the mod I am going to run with, then taking the now renamed folder (ex.FotRS-U-EN).. & yes, in the steam tagged main copy now renamed to the mod I am going to run with, there is a jsgme in there, as well as a multiSH4 so as to be able to do a separate game save folder... have learned through hard trial & error to do so... and so, I impart this tid bit of wisdom, unto you... young grass hoppah...*in my best approximation of the wizened old kung fu master*

I did this with a 2 HD drive set up computer, with the main one, which runs the whole show with Win Opsys, the drive, of course named C:\ & the 2nd drive named E:\

E:\ holds Steam launcher itself & told it for all installs to do games into C:\Games accroding tagged to what the game flavor is.

After getting the copy of SH4 copied, dropped into desktop for the renaming party, then set back into common\ (by itself, never stick it back into the *as steam tagged it* folder.! I then, do as I need to for the jsgme, add in the mods into the mods folder created when you run jsgme, change the SH4.exe to the short name of the mod (ex. FotRS-U-EN-SH4.exe), run multiSH4, so as to have a fresh game save folder for the whole shebang.. send a copy of the jsgme, run it and set up the mod order as it needs being done, close it down, send a copy of the renamed SH4.exe to the desktop, run LAA & run a final check of the whole shebang.

Hope this info helps you out Mios 4Me