View Single Post
Old 04-28-20, 09:01 AM   #843
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehcl View Post
Hi, something (maybe) strange happened to me .. last night i finished the first mission, I went back to Midway and i checked if I had some new torpedo, radar etc etc and i didn't have any new updates. Now i have loaded the game to leave for the second patrol and i see that i have the torpedo mark 10 available, i exit the game again, i go back to the windows, i return to the game and i see that i have many new torpedo available, like mark 16, mark 18, mark 23, new surface and airborne radar, new decks, but is this normal?
Sorry for my english.
Now, the Mark 10 is planned to appear for Fleet Boats as an optional torpedo sometime after January 1, 1942, because some sites did not have full supplies of Mark 14 torpedoes, ~and~ the Mark 14 torpedoes were gaining a quick "unreliable" reputation by the skippers. BurOrd of course, thought them impeccably beyond reproach, and the skippers wonky. Some skippers wanted the Mark 10s instead, in spite of the difficulties in using them on a Fleet Boat, hence the renown cost to the Fleet Boat skippers. S-Boat skippers get them for "free". They will "disappear" as an option for Fleet Boats after just a bit.

Depending upon when you started the game, it might be you should not be seeing anything else in the same time period as the Mark 10 torpedoes are available. The deck guns, the AA guns, the other torpedoe versions, all else should be the same as when you start. You'll start seeing new radars and AA guns before anything else, beginning in May, June and August of 1942. The other torpedoes are not supposed to show until May of 1943 at the earliest, and the Mark 10s are long-gone for Fleet Boats.

As KaleunMarco mentions, the game can indeed be strange about when and where it issues equipment, but can you tell us a few more details of what you encountered. I would be interested in knowing which boat you had at Midway, when you started your career, and what the date was when you first went to leave, and when you next went to leave after the Save. Did you happen to re-dock for that Save? Thank you!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote