View Single Post
Old 04-27-20, 10:10 PM   #836
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
It's already a "known issue" because it is the stock game. We usually use that designation in the mod documentation for things we have attempted to fix, or caused from something else. We could certainly add it in though...

The particular issue comes about from when you enter the scene from a Save load, and no matter what you had your telegraph set to or what route you have programmed in on the NavMap, the sub goes to "All Stop". My guess at the reason it does that, is because the helm no longer follows your set course when you reload a Save, if you have a course set. Hence, when you re-load a Save, you have to set the speed you want, go to the NavMap screen and "Return to course"... That's just the way they built the game. We cannot touch that as modders in a text-based file.

Thanks Propbeanie, but as I said, your proposal - which is the same as I told above - will not work all the time unfortunately. When it doesn't work I have to be radical and delete all my waypoints, this works for sure. Next time I will try to delete only my first waypoint and hope it goes alright. If you simply set speed (without anything else) the sub will follow the waypoint but continue straight when reaching 1st waypoint.
If you want, I can complete the PDF and upload an updated version...I think that's worth the pain for future SH gamers. For that, I need to know the shortest solution that works.
The best I have found is in the TMO manual, page 46 and this issue is missing, (so btw my ignorance is fully excused I think). But I can add that part of TMO manual and your solution as a point 8) in a new PDF upload if you are sure it's a stock game issue.

XS

Last edited by XenonSurf; 04-27-20 at 10:30 PM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote