View Single Post
Old 04-22-20, 08:42 PM   #13045
ShootingFish86
Nub

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0
Default Dialog options invisble, report log full of numbers.

Hello,

Firstly an apology for if this has been asked before: I scanned 10 pages back and didn't see any question related to the issue im having.

Secondly, A warm thank you for the hard work in putting this mod together. Its really something of beauty.

I'm returning to the game and the mod after quite some time away and I think I have it all installed correctly. I am using a uPlay downloaded version, though i am using Uplay in offline mode so as to not get the patch that breaks the mod. I also am using the .exe file that was recommended in the work around information. The game loads, the save file loads. The game is playable and the mod appears to work. Here's the catch, or catches:

If i speak to my second in command, i have the first two dialogue options, then the numbers 3,4,5,6,7,8 are clickable but do not show any text. If i click these I am presented with 2 or 3 more options, all just numbers and no text. When i click one, the guy will say "okay" or something else in the affirmative, do a couple of quarter turns and then something will happen in the report log to indicate that i asked for a depth sounding, or whatever it was. The point being, the commands in the dialogue menu are working i just can't see what they are. I would appreciate somebody telling me what I have done wrong and possibly, how to fix it. Similarly, there is an icon in the top left corner of the screen when using map, and this one just has a list of tickboxes with no text to denote what each option box does.

The second issue i am having is that the report log, by which i mean the little window in the bottom right corner that gives me a text readout of what my crew told me, is spamming numbers. Usually, it is the number 5. if i press Q a bigger version of the log appears, but it does not seem to display this long list of numbers, and indeed doesn't show nearly as many entries as i am actually getting in the smaller window. Again, i feel like i might have done something wrong at installation.

Help is appreciated. Thank you
ShootingFish86 is offline   Reply With Quote