View Single Post
Old 04-07-20, 11:20 AM   #715
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
As reported previously, the date is December 13, 1942. That is my sub just offshore from the NNW tip of Guadalcanal. These were survivor icons (blue squares) associated with a crashed plane nearby, apparently, because as you noted, there is only one grayed-out icon for a crashed plane. In "flying" over the area with all the blue square icons I saw a few pink flares but also flaming wrecks nearby. What concerns me both about those and the ones I reported out of Truk (those were all radar sightings) is that they just kept spawning and spawning.
Have fun (that's why we are here, right?),
The problem is that AirBase issue, where as a plane is "called" for use by an AirBase, either due to your submarine being detected (do you have your radar on continually?? Radio X-Mit??), or by any other enemy vessel being detected, that particular plane spawns with a speed of 90 knots and flying at 500 meters. If there is intervening terrain between you and where the planes spawn, they will fly at 500m, whether the terrain is taller in height than that or not. Once the airplane(s) get within the actual rendering range where your sensors are "seeing" the plane, that's when the "collision detection" for the airplane starts. As soon as there is a collision with the terrain detected, the airplane "crashes" and does its thing for "survivors". You might, or might not "see" all these objects on your radar. In either case though, there is an adverse impact on the game from this. It might be that if an entire flight of planes fails to return, that the AirBase sends out another flight, then another, etc... who knows? We've already gotten it knocked way down with one change, and if we "split" the airbases, we might be able to further minimize the impact. However, making more AirBases also increases the coverage from same... Experimenting has commenced on this...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is online   Reply With Quote