View Single Post
Old 03-24-20, 09:31 AM   #641
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrywb57 View Post
Sorry Propbeanie. I will be away from my computer for a couple of days. As to your question, it looked like a Japanese Zero with flames coming out of the engine cowl and engulfing the pilot's cockpit. The plane was in a tight turn to the starboard side with the wing almost pointed downward. Behind the red meatball were two blue stripes going around the fuselage. It was just hanging in the air, not moving. It was just like a picture hung in the air. The time was 20:48 hrs, Pearl Harbor time. March 3, 1942. I don't have a good internet connection now but, tomorrow I will try to download a picture of it. And try to upload it to subsim.
Larry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrywb57 View Post
It was the M6A2 Zero! I will never forget the look on it's face as I was moving closer to it!
Larry : salute:
Wow! the rendering of the site I am getting across my connection is weird... last night when I posted my "suspects", my preceding post was the last one here... Larrywb57's post in between mine was not showing... this morning, torpedobait's post of 10:04 was not showing on my screen at 10:18, yet at 10:20 it shows... - anyway:

Thanks Larrywb57 for more detail. How far away from that burning plane do you suppose you were? "Land" doesn't render as far out as the ships and planes do. Notice how the vegetation is about the last thing to come into view, from like 2500 yards out or so? The "land" itself is at about 8k yds, and about 12k for just the "faces" that you can see from where your sub sits (the "stage"). If you get behind the "scenery stage" and turn around, you'll not "see" those faces at all, so that Zero may well have been laying on a hillside, after having "crashed" into it from flying too low, or maybe losing altitude when turning. Bad sushi?? Too much saki??... I did just now come up with an idea though... The airplanes, besides being influenced by the CrewRating setting (most are set to Elite in FotRSU), are also influenced by their Speed= setting, which if they are an airplane spawned by an airfield, we have no direct control over... but if you ever insert a plane into the ME, you might notice that their "minimum" speed is usually used... I wonder if we raise that in the cfg files, if the planes from airfields will fly better?... I'm off to tinker!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote