View Single Post
Old 03-22-20, 11:40 AM   #631
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post
I think I fixed it actually. I reloaded my autosave from leaving port and started from there instead of where I was originally. I clicked the giant map to get my orders, I received them and then the game loaded for a quick few seconds and then I was in the control room.
I saved my game while I was inside the port so that may have been the trigger, I'm not sure. Maybe a good pointer to other players is to NOT save in port or right outside its gates. If you already said this, my bad.
I have been looking for that post I referenced earlier, where there were issues with the game after Saving while in port and on the boat, but I have not found it yet. I do not recall if that was a mod, or the stock game either, and it may well have been back in the v1.1x days - my memory ain't what it used to be. I used to do that though myself. You'd get on the boat and Save... What might be happening is something is "off" in the Pearl area. Bad data Saved can ruin the later Saves. But I have not found anything around Pearl that is bad - as of yet - still looking. My poor little mind though, flitting about from flower to flower... oooohhh... preht-ty light... wander wander...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote