View Single Post
Old 03-21-20, 10:44 PM   #629
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

If all Saves are crashing, the first thing to do would be to empty the Save folder to get rid of the bad data that is crashing the game. Then try again. Thus far, this seems to happen most with the Porpoise, but also with a Narwhal if you go to Empire Waters, which that is the most common denominator - going into Empire Waters. I only have two replies as to whether a player had Saved while in port, but both that answered and had Saved in port prior to departure, then had either messed-up gauges and / or bad Saves. I may have found the culprit in the "41a_Jap_HarborTraffic.mis" file, but I don't really know. I have yet to reproduce the issue as "strongly" as any of the other reports we have. The worst I can get is different behavior (as previously described) when re-loading the Saved game after having Saved while in-port on the boat. But I've never CTD'd nor had bad gauges yet...

Now, a few things to remember about this old game:
  1. v1.004.a is NOT backward compatible with v1.0.1.g
  2. You must start with a fresh SH4 install prior to activating any mod
  3. You must empty the Save folder prior to starting the game with FotRSU
  4. Do not play a career after a Single Mission or Quick Patrol or Submarine School
  5. If you do anything in the game, such as view the Museum, prior to starting another section of the game, such as a career, you should exit the game and re-start it.
  6. When Saving, always use a "new slot". In other words, name the new Save something different from any of your other Saves. Do NOT over-write.
  7. After "Saving", wait a few minutes to make certain all of the data is written to your hard drive. SH4 is from the Windows XP days, remember?
  8. Do NOT shell-out to the desktop while playing the game. Save and exit.
  9. Do not apply mods not "certified" to work with FotRSU on top of it.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote