View Single Post
Old 03-18-20, 10:13 AM   #621
laurenh8916
Nub

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I am wondering now, if you fellows with Save issues are saving after you get on the boat, but prior to traveling outside of the "terminal" area? I was able to get some 'strange' Saves doing that, such as the boat does not go to "All Stop" when re-entering the game, or it follows the waypoints, which is the opposite from what a "normal" Save would do, such that when you re-enter the game with a Load of a career Save, the boat goes to "All Stop" ("Yes Sir! All Stop!") and / or when you do proceed, the boat will go in the direction it is pointed - or - if the rudder was at say 15° to port when you Saved, it will be at 15° to port when you re-enter, but it usually will not follow the route set until you hit the "Return to course" menu button. In a couple of attempts after Saving in the Home Port area, the boat would return to course without any button pushes... ?? I have not gotten to Empire Waters yet in any of these test careers, but I can imagine an 'error' on the first Save while in Home Port will cause issues further along in the game. The Saves thus far do Load, but there is an "error" in them that might get worse the further I go... ??

That could be, I've been saving pretty often out of habit, and I've noticed some weird behavior where I'm alternately either still following my route or have to replan the entire thing from scratch when reloading, plus some mix of going to all stop and continuing, which probably points to that issue. I'll restart a new campaign with the same options and try without any saves in the port area. Thanks for the reply!
laurenh8916 is offline   Reply With Quote