View Single Post
Old 03-06-20, 07:50 PM   #541
wokelly
Watch

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 0
Default Not sure if bugs or I didn't install the mod correctly

I've been enjoying the mod for the last few days, but I have run into a few issues that makes me question if I activated the mod correctly.

1) The recognition manual is missing images for frontal and 45 degree side views of most of the merchant ships in that section of the guide. When you click the button to view these images, nothing appears where the ship image should be. I'm not sure if this is a bug, or if these images were not added for most of the merchant ships which I think are mods added to the game. The side profile view pictures in the manual are all there, but the frontal and 45 degree images are just not there.

2) I've been running campaigns with the Porpoise class submarine, and it seems like the fuel on the sub is near inexhaustible when you sail at 10 knots (standard). From midway to Japan is about 3000 nautical miles, and the Porpoise had a range of 11,000 nautical miles. So I should burn a quarter of my fuel just getting to Japan from Midway. But I am usually well over 90% of fuel by the time I reach Japanese waters, and usually RTB with over 80% of fuel remaining. The fuel consumption seems awfully low. I haven't tried other sub types all that much so I can't compare.

3) The Deck gun seems awfully powerful, basically deleting merchant ships after maybe 10 hits. This is with the 3" gun, which was historically seen as rather useless and replaced with 4" or 5" guns. Based of the 3" performance in game, the 4" and 5" with their slower rate of fire are a downgrade. Anyways I feel almost dirty using the gun and try to avoid it. I'm not sure if this is a bug or if the mod keeps the gun powerful like it is in vanilla.

I'm not sure if these are bugs, or indicators that I screwed up activating the game (I tried to follow the instructions to the letter), or just how the mod is.
wokelly is offline   Reply With Quote