View Single Post
Old 03-05-20, 08:27 PM   #755
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Far more dangerous? Not likely, doctors, nurses, geneticists, scientists, all 'medical professionals' have a pretty good understanding how coronavirus including COVID-19 works. I would even go so far as to say the mystery is pretty much over. We also have a truck load of statistical information on how and who it affects by age group. We should know by now it is the elderly who are going to get hit hardest by this virus outbreak as is the case with even the common flu. Italy's elderly makes up almost 25% of their population. Only country I know of that has more is Japan. I expect death rates to be much higher in those countries for that reason.
Not sure I agree.

Quote:
In China, a 36-year-old man who had been confirmed to have the new coronavirus and was discharged from a hospital in Wuhan on February 26 has died, according to the Chinese publication the Paper, who cited his wife.

The man suddenly became ill on March 2 and died after going to the hospital. The cause of death was respiratory failure caused by the coronavirus, the Guardian reports.

China has been noting daily increases in the number of people “cured” or discharged from hospitals after being confirmed to have the virus. But, after several cases of released patients testing positive again, authorities in Hubei ordered that released patients be quarantined for another 14 days.

Beijing Ditan Hospital in Beijing has meanwhile found that a patient who tested positive for has suffered viral encephalitis caused by the coronavirus, adding to evidence the infections can cause damage to patients’ nervous systems.
And NNU Jane Thomason shares the disturbing results of our national #COVID19 survey of more than 6,500 registered nurses.

“Only 29% report that there is a plan in place to isolate a patient with a possible novel coronavirus infection. 23% report they don't know if there is a plan.”
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote