Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
@ Skybird.

Thank you for your answer.

It was not exactly what I was asking.

So I will create an example

Person A get infected on day zero time zero(let pretend he shake hand with another person around noon-12 pm)

We know or I have been told this virus infect during its Incubation time.

What I would like to know is, when does Person A start to infect others ?
They say it is 10-20 times as infectous as SARS, and SARS was more infectous than seasonal flu. The probability of getting infected by a patient is the higher the more upwards in the respiratory system the virus already is located. Unfortunately, the upper jaw region holds very high ammounts of the virus. If you got contact with a person who turned out to be infected, do not play with probability numbers and hours counted - but assume your defence being breeched already. Have you notied that they try to pick up people who had contact to a known later patient, no matter any time factors ans severeness of symptoms in said patientr? They try to pick them all nevertheless, and as fast as possible. It seems nobody really knows absolutely sure how fast it goes, and it may also vary by individual factors of patients. Anyone who got the virus, no matter whether he has symptoms or not, can infect you, because he then carries the virus. A new patient where the virus still sits deep in the respiratory system, nevertheless can infect you by smear infection: person moves his hand to the face and mouth (people usually do that 2-3 thousand times a day), and then shakes your hand or a surface of a table or a grip (see below), or he is coughing and breathing or simply speaking and happen to already breath out virus with his breathing moisture. It seems nobody yet knows how fast it goes. But it is known that this thing is infectous as hell.

Quarantining people does not care for how long contact is ago. Quarantining people as early as possible is the priority in any case.

If you want to know whether you got hit by somebody or not, self-quarantine yourself at least 14 days, better longer, and then you see what happens - or try to get tested. which seems to be difficult in Germany, we learn over here. Labs already work at their limits.

Consider also another risk. The virus currently is expected to survive on smooth surfaces for up to nine days, which is quite long for a virus, I think, many virusses can live just hours outside the body. Cold temperature and high air moisture help it further to survive outside a physiological environment. Clean things with desinfectant that have been touched and used by an infected person, or a "candidate".

Last edited by Skybird; 03-05-20 at 06:39 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote