View Single Post
Old 03-02-20, 12:10 AM   #621
Traveller
Captain

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 0

I'm afraid China's massive draconian military-style forced lock-downs and quarantines would never work in the US. Can you imagine them trying to lock down a city with a population of 5 million in the US? Good luck with that.

I've been seeing quite a few TV interviews in the US talking about this exact topic, and they all said the same thing: You cannot forcibly lock down entire cities or towns in the US, because it's unconstitutional and Americans wouldn't stand for it.

But I suppose they could override the Constitution by calling in the National Guard and declaring martial law if things got really bad, but I'm not too sure how well that would work out. Would probably end up being total chaos, at least for a while until things calmed down. American culture is quite different from Southeast Asian cultures in many ways (gun ownership, individualist, rebellious, etc).

But what happens if large numbers of the US military and police become infected and must be put under quarantine? It'll then be every man and woman for themselves after that in many areas.

Whatever happens, it will all be interesting to watch.

And by the way, anyone here who is regularly taking prescription drugs might want to get a 3-month supply in advance from their pharmacy. I've been hearing that 95% of all US prescription drugs are dependent on ingredients from China. I've also heard that they are already having shortages of a few prescription drugs in the US (which, I'm not sure), and shortages will probably only get worse over time.

Last edited by Traveller; 03-02-20 at 01:18 AM.
Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote