View Single Post
Old 12-17-19, 08:28 AM   #237
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdriver View Post
Wow propbeanie, what a response! Darn Zeroes haha.

Is it normal for torpedo depth to be set when you lock onto a target? I don't have manual targeting on. I don't remember that from sh3 and 4.
Yes, the auto-depth setting is a Stock "feature". I detest it, because here I spend 5 minutes planning and setting my torpedoes for specific targets with specific depths set, and then I forget I'm using auto-targeting and "Lock" onto a target, just to check things with it, and forget that it changes the depth setting, then I go to my original intended first "victim" but don't lock, shoot and then realize that the torpedo was set for 23 foot, instead of my intended 12 foot depth... ... ah well - maybe I'll hit something past the under-run...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wzartz View Post
first of all im not a native speaker sorry if my grammar sucks I hope you can understand me

my base was at pearl harbor from the start, never request a transfer yet, my last position was in between marshall island and dublon, just sunk a Nihon light cruiser and if I remember my sub was submerged and that's where my last saved game

I don't know what caused the corrupted saved file yet, after that I just load from my last saved departing port and it still works (it's just a light cruiser there's no much to lose right? :'[)

from now on if I want to save, I need to surface my sub and stay at zero knot.., I don't know why and couldn't confirmed yet, but it seems to me it could reduce the ctd from loading a bad save game?

Update: guys i've just met a yamato and here's the thing.. i've delivered 8 torpedoes, 4 at her starboard and 4 at her port side but still guys still.. i cannot sunk her.. i mean i know she's the biggest battleship ever build but uuh wasn't that too OP?? I met kongo before and i can sunk her with just 3 torpedoes.. did u guys alter yamato in this mod or i just having a bad luck ?
In theory, you should not have to do anything special on Saves. The only issue we have found is that sometimes the game does not completely Save right away, and we don't know if that is a computer configuration for each individual computer (Write-Cache), or something else. The thing to do is to Save your game, take a deep breath, slowly exhale, cross your fingers and toes, throw salt over your left shoulder (or is it right shoulder??), which can be difficult to do with your fingers crossed... but seriously, when Saving, just pause for about 10 seconds after submitting it, exit to the Main Menu, instead of directly to Windows, then exit to Windows. This might be all the game needs to complete writing the Save. It seems the game does not have a "IF SaveInProcess DoNotExit" routine...

As for the Yamato, there are several things to remember about it in the way you attacked. First point is that when you punch holes in the side on the port, the weight of the ship will make it lean. If you then go over to the other side and punch holes in it, that will "balance" the ship, and allow it to "stabilize" in its continued journey to get away from you. Also, unlike the Fuso and Ise type BB, the Yamato has heavier armour underneath also, and it is much more difficult to hit the magazine to get more help with destructive explosions, and it is also more difficult to damage the engines and make it stop. You might be able to slow it down some. Last thing is that in all of my testing (just a small portion of SH4 game-play), I have only rarely gotten the ship to sink on less that ten torpedoes, especially in FotRSU. Every once in a while, maybe nine, but usually, I might have to put a dozen "fish" into her... That can be a challenge...
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, as to the differences I was seeing in my testing of the airplanes between two computers, I hate to admit failing to do Noob Point One, and that is to "Empty your Save folder"... I still had old configuration files in the Save folder on the Win7 machine, so the planes were attacking, since they still had loadouts with weapons... I probably messed-up s7rikeback's attempts at helping me... I am going to attempt to put the rest of the fixes that we have together today, hand-off, and fix the planes for the next version, since we have two mission assignments that can mess with a person's game enjoyment in a bad way...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote