Old 12-13-19, 01:38 PM   #12767
Tonci87
Captain

Downloads: 116
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Thank you mate, I am glad you like my work

Sure! The file you want to edit is called torpedoes_g7a-e.sim (path: data\Library). This file contains controllers for all the torpedoes that can be used by the player; the ones you need to edit are named amun_*Torpedo (there are 10 of them). If you open any of them you will see that under the path amun_Torpedo\Pistols, there are several 'entries'. You should expand all of them, and if their 'magnetic' property is set to 'yes' you should adjust the corresponding 'mag_detonation_range' parameter to 4 meters, or any figure you think is more accurate.

When you have finished with all the pistol of one controller (1 controller = 1 torpedo with all the possible pistols), repeat the same steps with the next controller. Once finished with all the controllers don't forget to save your changes (right click on torpedoes_g7a-e.sim in the project tree and choose 'save').

That's it; probably easier done than said

Should I use the Goblin editor to edit this file?
I tried, but I can not find the things you mention.

My issue with the magnetic detonators is that they do not seem to be sensitive enough. The torpedo needs to get extremely close to the targets hull before it detonates.

In real life the submarine crews actually did not have the luxury of having every single ship they encounter inside a Recognition book. So they did not have reliable draft information on their targets.

How did they do it? The torpedoes must have been more sensitive than they are in the game right now
Tonci87 is offline   Reply With Quote