View Single Post
Old 11-05-19, 10:41 AM   #2987
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

cool TUMBLIN' TUMBLEWEEDS INDEED!

1911:Leonard Sly is born in Cincinnati, Ohio! I DIDN'T MUCH CARE ABOUT TEPID SINGING COWBOYS....BUT I REALLY LIKED HIS HORSE TRIGGER! SMALL WONDER! HE WAS A TRUE STAR IN HIS OWN RIGHT:
Quote:
Golden Cloud made an early appearance as the mount of Maid Marian, played by Olivia de Havilland in The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938). A short while later, when Roy Rogers was preparing to make his first movie in a starring role, he was offered a choice of five rented "movie" horses to ride and chose Golden Cloud. Rogers bought him eventually in 1943 and renamed him Trigger for his quickness of both foot and mind. Trigger learned 150 trick cues and could walk 50 ft (15 m) on his hind legs (according to sources close to Rogers). They were said to have run out of places to cue Trigger. Trigger became such a ham that as soon as he heard applause, he would start bowing and ruin that trick. He could sit in a chair, sign his name "X" with a pencil, and lie down for a nap and cover himself with a blanket. Roger's most carefully guarded trade secret was to get Trigger housebroken. "Spending as much time as he does in hotels, theaters, and hospitals, this ability comes in might handy and it's conceded by most trainers to be Trigger's greatest accomplishment." —Glenn Randall, wrangler with Hudkins Stables.
TRIGGER, MOUNTED ON DISPLAY AT THE ROY ROGERS MUSEUM, REMAINED ITS BIGGEST ATTRACTION FOR YEARS.....

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 11-05-19 at 11:12 AM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote