View Single Post
Old 10-27-19, 08:47 PM   #2836
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
Trimming a tree, but I'm so anal
with U on that! I organized a small block party to clean up palm fronds blown down from three tall palm trees in the 50+ mph gusting winds and put them into yard waste bins for tomorrows garbage pickup. Each 6' frond has to be snipped on half and some are caught on power lines-generally the street's a total mess. The power failure is still in effect for my area & no resolution appears imminent. My wife and I are in the dark; enjoying an old fashion(bourbon) and I'm having a vodka gimlet...the ice cubes are slightly melted as the fridge has been off 18 hours. Peanut butter and jam is on the menu. Our emergency radio is on...hey it's camping! The candles are lit. The automoblile jump-start powerpack is charging the cell phones and my Samsung tablet is somehow 'tethered' to a old laptop using an Ellypsis jetpack to get on wifi so I can actually post this...whatever works! EDIT: LO! No sooner do we settle in for a cheese and cracker supper in the dark with a local gewurztraminer than power is restored as of 7:37 PM! So now its blowing out the candles and recharging everything for the next power outage while watching the World Series...

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 10-27-19 at 09:50 PM.
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote