View Single Post
Old 10-21-19, 08:16 PM   #8608
ImBatman
Sailor man

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
In version 0.90, there might have been a decimal misplaced in one of the files, which we have corrected for the next release. You will find though, that the DD are just this side of inept early in the war under certain circumstances. The US skippers at the time, were not aware of how weak the IJN ASW actually was. In fact, as they went out on their first patrols, they were warned that the USN had no idea if there were any secret weapons the IJN might have had to counter them. When the magnetic detonators started pre-maturing on the US subs, what some thought was that the IJN did have such a secret ASW weapon...

Anyway, TMO has cranked-up AI behavior, over-and-above "normal" for a reason, being that Ducimus desired the player to play the game "realistically" and not do things that may well have been possible in real life. FotRSU is attempting more realistic behavior from the AI, but be forewarned that you may encounter the occasional fanatically dedicated ASW hunter in a few groups. Some things will be tougher with the next release. We are currently working on a few glaring sore thumbs we recently found (thanks to merc4ulfate), and then we'll have it out.
Message received and understood.

I guess the TMO destroyers are a bit obnoxious. It sounds like IRL, if the captain did the right things (fire off torpedos, get below thermal layer, and creep off with silent running) he was pretty much safe from the early war destroyers? Or did they not even have to take those precautions?

Could a captain do as I did, and fly around at flank speed while submerged and above the thermocline without getting caught? When I did that little experiment, I gotta say, the benny hill theme was playing in my head.

In their defense, once I popped up the periscope to finish off that battleship, they fired torpedos almost immediately. Fortunately the crippled battleship wasn't moving anymore, making finding the firing solution very quick!
ImBatman is offline   Reply With Quote