View Single Post
Old 10-12-19, 04:23 AM   #7706
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMojok69 View Post
I didn't mean it as a jab at you personally, I meant it generally as a jab at people who voted for Trump who are now finding out that it wasn't in their best interests, and I meant it as a jab specifically at Giuliani, who you referenced in your post.

Thanks for the response...

I actually didn't really take it all that personally since I wasn't exactly sure where it was coming from or going to: my response was intended to clarify my long held stance(s) in the event there was a lack of clarity in my intent(s); its so easy (and really very lazy) to just want characterize someone as being GOP/DEM, left/right, conservative/liberal, etc., etc., rather than having the will and honesty to actually address questions and give considered answers or viewpoints. It seems if some people find themselves in a battle of wits and they are low or out of ammo, they very often fall back on the old, tired tactic of pigeonholing, sloganeering, and/or deflection...

As far as people coming to the realization supporting Trump was probably not in their, or their party's, best interests, it would seem those in the mainstream of the GOP probably thought they had a good deal going in with someone who could seemingly generate votes and rally the party; they probably also thought, once Trump was in the White House, he would 'level out' and be controllable; the shock to the GOP was in 2018 when the Trump panacea failed miserably in the midterm elections, costing the GOP dearly; equally dearly costing was the realization they couldn't handle/control Trump and his (and his minions) many, many character failings were dragging the Party down with him; buyer's remorse is an onerous thing and even more so when you realize you've been royally taken and there is no 'return policy'...

Sadder is the effect the Trump fallout will have on those in the GOP who are otherwise responsible, decent people and probably worthy of support; its galling to be blamed out of hand for the gross misjudgements of the others in the Party who chose to cast their lot with such a loser...

Again, thanks for the response and the clarification...

<O>