View Single Post
Old 10-06-19, 09:56 AM   #8583
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I am not certain of this (I am not on an SH4 computer), but some of the boats were edited, others were not, and at that, only in certain aspects. The idea being to allow the player some flexibility with the crew, but not much with the officers, since they add so much "strength" to a compartment... but the fog of modding has me in its grips, since it has been a while since the subject was addressed... maybe one of the other fellows will remember. In the meantime, the game can and does promote your crew above and beyond any limit us mere mortals might attempt to control with cfg or other files. It ignores date restrictions as it pleases, and doesn't seem to care one iota about April 31st or February 29, etc., other than it will get confused about what day it really is...
On my recent CTD issue:

I have tried several scenarios since I have a save a few days before the incident. No matter what I did sink or not sink a ship there was a CTD at about the same time everyday but I was never clever enough to have a watch open but it was around 1100 I think on the 18th.

I went back about 5 saves and started from there. I knew the Long. Lat. Date and Time and made sure I was there again.

First thing I made sure I had not been out for a month. First run I just Let both Task Force pass over me at 300 feet. No CTD. Second run I sat at radar depth and watched the first group come in but there was a storm this time and I was hitting the CV's at 900 yards each. I sank all three and a DD from the first Task Force.

I then paused the game and had to switch my monitor to cable to check something out for 5 min. Went back to the game and now the sky was blustery but the storm, at pause, had completely disappeared. I moved to the second Task Force and Sank the Fuso and one CV and wounding the two other CV before running out of fish.

Back to 300 feet existing the area when I got a third huge Task Force which went as far as the eye could see. It had one CV, one Fuso, several CA maybe ten or more merchants and a whole lot of DD's. It was spread out so far I could not really get an accurate count camming around. I had to avoid it and left the area this time with no CTD.

I think between one of my saves being corrupted and the extent of the third Task Force my system couldn't take it and kept dropping out. Anyone around that area is going to be shooting fish in a barrel. I had six warship kills for a bit over 156,000 tonnes within about 2 hours of game time. The only DD to even get close to me was the one in the first Task Force and he was 600 yards from me in the storm before I dropped from radar depth to periscope depth and sank it with one fish. He never knew I was there.

EDIT: The last save will not load. I may have escaped but that save is now corrupt so it has to be something with the files of those groups I would say.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

Last edited by merc4ulfate; 10-12-19 at 09:48 AM.
merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote