View Single Post
Old 09-10-19, 08:54 AM   #12515
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicheBach View Post
2. The navigator getting fixes with Real Navigation: his accuracy seems pretty variable! In one instance, I parked the sub right at the end of a pier (in Danzig) which I could identify by the map and asked him to do a dead reckoning and he estimated we were somewhere in the northern suburbs of Warsaw!

Obviously, errors are to be expected and particularly for less capable navigators, but . . . is this WAD? Any tips? Things I can do to make his job easier? Does he get better with (even more) age? I assume I can replace most or all of my officers later in the campaign, and maybe this guy is both a Dinosaur and nearly extinct?
Celestial fix will give you much better result. Dead reckoning error is based on distance between fixes, so if you didn't ask navigator for a fix for some time, his error will grow (by default, up to 15% of distance travelled since last fix - you can change this in OFEV). Unfortunately he lacks common sense to realize that with all that sea around he can't possibly be in Warsaw.
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote