Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 08-31-19, 11:19 AM   #8493
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Yes, as a matter of fact, I do... the game is borked... - but seriously, the "clock" in the game is very strange, and sometimes needs a "kick in the breeches" to get it to update. Witness what happens when you come into port after a patrol. You'll see a "date" for your next assignment, which then gets updated when you actually start the next patrol. If you look in the "Save / Load" dialog screen, you'll see two Saves, one for entering, and one for leaving port. You yourself saving, exiting, restarting and reloading forces an update to that also. I suppose the devs had to "draw a line" somewhere for dating purposes. We should probably make a note of that in the mod's documentation [note-to-self, which I will probably lose]... Look at what happens when you Transfer. You immediately go to the next home port, yet you are assigned an old home port mission - Stock or Modded. Why not keep the player at the first home port, and when they depart, ~then~ assign the new home port? All tests I have done on that aspect yield the same result - you move first, keeping the old assignment. Then you are back to "normal" - sort of...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote