View Single Post
Old 05-17-19, 03:50 PM   #12190
TYCZYW
Swabbie

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
Today I was able to evade 4 destroyers that made a circle around me.

Hi,
could you please describe in few words what is your tactic when submerged and being searched by destroyer(s)?

I would like to share some experience with you. So I spotted my first tanker near British east coast. It was around noon, stayed surfaced while keeping the target at 10km, using WO reports, plotted target's course and moved for 90 degree intercept. When I was waiting at position, noticed tanker changed its course which was a big suprise for me (I think it never happened to me in SH3 GWX). Ok so I made a manual solution using periscope (not that accurate), but when I was flooding tubes, tanker started shooting at me. No way he could see my scope at 2000m. So I switched to external camera and realised I was surfaced! Ok, I'm pretty sure I did not give any order by accident, I would have heard whole Das Boot sound mod sequence...
So any idea what happened? Is it something about maitaining depth? Crew skills?
Anyway tanker went down and it was an amazing experience seeing it's bow blown off, but my ship looks like a swiss cheese now. Anyone experienced such uncontrolled surfacing?

Cheers
TYCZYW is offline   Reply With Quote