View Single Post
Old 04-11-19, 06:31 PM   #59
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Journalism needs sources, else its gagged to detah and cannot serve its purpose as the third pillar in a democracy. One must not like Assange in order to fear for free press if he is turned further into an exemplary, deterring case to intimidate others. If it is not already the case: the man lives since 7 years in a self-imposed prison. This all is additionally to the gagging policies of the WH (but other states as well) that are designed to silence unwanted, too critical journalists - not just under Trump, but already under Obama, and before: Bush jr.

It certainly was no brilliant idea that after the change of the leadership in Ecuador Assange's Wikileaks seriously pissed the new strong man in Ecuador by publishing compromising videos, photos and documents showing the man'S brother being engaged in fraud and/or corruption. You do not bite the hand that guards you from your worst enemy. Not his brightest idea. His behaviour inside the embassy gets reported too contradictingly as if I would comment on that: some write he took up to a third of the building, others write he just lived in one small room.

The British charges, are raised over a formality only. The Swedish case however smells rotten from A to Z, I thought back then and still do so that it was a staged scenario, a trap, the women involved appeared to be too dubious as if it could have been like the charges described. According to Swedish law, "closed" cases like this can be re-opened again under circumstances that in almost all other Western countries would prevent this, they explained over here today that it were kind of a "speciality" of Swedish law. It was reported that the Swedes alreayd try to do right that. I predict that if Britain does not extradict Assange to the US, then at the latest the Swedes will go after extradition.

Why must he be such an antipathic guy by behaviour and personality. It sucks to defend somebody like him. But I am about what he did, not about his character. And different to most people here I see the necessity that crimes and lies and foul plays of our own governments get documented even if that means to foul our own nest. The degree of criminal behaviour of those that Wikileaks exposed, outclasses the possible criminal energy you could accuse Assange for - if it was any criminal at all.