View Single Post
Old 03-29-19, 10:09 AM   #7905
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
Props, I did not do the compare - in my eagerness to try the last release I overlooked doing that. However, I don't see how I could get cross-contamination because I deleted the SH4 folder entirely from my Documents folders. The only SH4 folder there now is from the one SH4 created the first time I ran it with v0.81 implemented.

As for the S Boat bow gun, all positions for the deck gun disappeared BEFORE I tried to upgrade to the 4.5" Stern mount (the only option offered besides the 20mm AA gun. I suspect they were messed up when it gave me the Conning Tower upgrade - It must have thought I was already in a new boat, because I've seen that kind of upgrade before. The Conning Tower upgrade is not appropriate for an S Class boat (IMHO).

I hope this helps. If I don't get an offer for a new boat after this next patrol I'm going to scrap the whole thing, do an install of my Pristine v1.5 and start all over. I'll take a snapshot via JSGME of all files after loading FOTRSU v.81, run a few patrols, and report back. Thanks for the feedback.
I'm running the S-Class and mentioned the other day the long battery recharge rates (looking into it). I'll be looking at the possibility of issues when getting back to port after several missions (as anyone knows, this takes time to do.....letting the game actually play normally and continuing a progression of a career).

BUT, what you should do ANYTIME you run into strange behavior, is to pull out the mod (deactivate it in JSGME; close out of JSGME; then reopen it and run the "Compare game files to snapshot" feature.

Just the other day I found an extra .dds image file that was left over in the "Land" folder under the "Small_Bunker" folder. Why or how.....who knows? It was the only file that was listed as "NEW" after the "Compare Snapshot" was run. All others were listed as "SAME". But here's the point...….unless you have a "Base" of Stock game files to go by, you'll never know if the issue you encounter is due to the mod you're using, or some leftover file that shouldn't be in the Stock game.

Not that I know for sure, but sometimes files are left behind for nothing more than not letting the game fully keep track of itself when you close the game. Closing the game, then shutting down the computer too quickly, MAY cut down the complete "saving" of all files when you stop play.

I'm absolutely sure if you start a JSGME "activation" of a mod, then stop the "activation" in mid stream....you'll get left over files in the Stock game, which are only discovered by a "Compare Snapshot" run. The only correction is to reinstall the Stock game.

I also know if you run TMO, you'll get two Stock game image files that are listed as "REMOVED" by the "Compare Snapshot" run....AND YES, the mod does remove them from the Stock game after TMO is "deactivated"!

I suggest whenever an issue arises, a player should check his Stock game files first before thinking the mod has an issue. It may, but the Stock game files need to be checked before pointing a finger in the wrong direction.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote