View Single Post
Old 03-06-19, 04:40 PM   #7691
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
The VIIC1941 & merc4ulfate questions are somewhat related. You have to have something "destructible" in order for you to "see" visual damage. For VIIC1941, the ship has to have a "damage image" that shows when you hit an area. While you might not see damage on some of the ships, if you see an explosion, you are most likely still registering damage to the "model". I don't know that for certain, but we haven't seen any torpedo-proof ships in a while (although you may run out of ammo for the deck gun if you keep hitting the enemy in the stack ). For merc4ulfate, we do have a "Master Modder" (sort of like a "Mad Hatter") who was thinking about working on that very project. We would like to see being assigned a shelling operation in support of landing the Marines, or maybe taking out the fuel tanks somewhere, or some other such small mission (imagine landing a shell in the phosphorus plant), but we also don't want to go overboard with that. It would be really cool, wouldn't it eh?...

As for the "Spire", that was actually one of four "Spires of the King of Truk Lagoon", which stood watch over the area and warned the King of enemy approach - or so the legend has it... Actually, those were GWX Terrain Extractor induced errors, which gap and Jeff-Groves have discovered the root of the error, and how to prevent it in the future. The way I corrected those in FotRSU was to do an uninterrupted edit of the Truk Lagoon, which was not easy to do. Afterwards, I found out from gap that I could in fact save interim versions in PS compatible file format, and didn't have to worry about doing it all at once. "Live and learn", as they say... but that's what they were, was just a self-inflicted wound in the Truk area - of course though, no one mentioned that the gun might mis-fire...
I miss the Spire.

And please by all means go overboard. I for one would love some shore bombardments and phosphorous blowing up all over the place. Maybe a train to blow up too ??

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote