Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 02-22-19, 06:05 PM   #7580
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 437
Uploads: 27

Default odd AI gunner behavior

this is a very odd story. i am not sure that any action needs to be taken at this time but i want to tell the story just in case someone else experiences it.
october 1945 on patrol south of area 7. gato class boat. 20-some patrols successfully completed. in the past, there have been several successful deck gun attacks on merchies using the sub-AI to automatically fire the deck gun at the enemy.
i attack a small convoy. sink one DD. damage another DD. i decide to escape and try to hit the merchies from a different attack. when i surface i am actually only 7000 or 8000 yds away from the surviving DD. man the deck guns and give the order to auto-fire which begins and then stops. after a few seconds firing begins and then stops. i go to external view to watch the gun crew actions. the DD is dead astern. they fire a few rounds then train the gun to approx 300-310 degrees. then retrain the gun to 180 and fire again. so, i go to the bridge and use the TBT to see if there is a target at 300-310 degrees. Nope. Nothing. i go to the radar screen. only the DD astern. i go to the Nav screen. nothing but the DD. so, why was the gun crew retraining the weapon to 300-310 degrees and then going back to 180 to fire at the DD? and No they never fired when the weapon was at 300-310. really odd behavior.:time out:

i am playing RC2 with Patch#5 (i think). i can't get a JSGME config because i am using a different system to post because i am still in the middle of the mission.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote