View Single Post
Old 01-05-19, 02:00 PM   #2280
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Icon12 WHEN I SAY INTREPID I MEAN...INTREPID

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
IMHO, Eichhörnchen does have a formidable look about him, that which you term as Intrepid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
Someone else saw this photo the other day and asked why I couldn't have smiled. "I was trying to look enigmatic" was my reply, but I must say that I prefer "bored with it all"

I do like "formidable" even more though, CW (my niece said that I look like a mobster)
I WAS REFERRING TO A MINOR ACE(18 VICTORIES?)OF THE FIRST WORLD WAR ACTUALLY WITH A SIMILAR THINNING HAIR STYLE : <A BOOK I READ AND GREATLY ENJOYED
Quote:
Sir William Samuel Stephenson, CC, MC, DFC (January 23, 1897 – January 31, 1989) was a Canadian soldier, airman, business person, inventor, spymaster, and the senior representative of British intelligence for the entire western hemisphere during World War II. He is best known by his wartime intelligence code name Intrepid. Many people consider him to be one of the real life inspirations for James Bond. Ian Fleming himself once wrote, “James Bond is a highly romanticized version of a true spy. The real thing is … William Stephenson.”
HIGH PRAISE FROM CAESAR HIMSELF IMHO
Quote:
Originally Posted by EICH
"I was trying to look enigmatic"
MR STEPHENSON CERTAINLY KNEW ALL ABOUT ENIGMA!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote