View Single Post
Old 08-10-18, 04:40 PM   #10533
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzhad View Post
Alright editing my comment. I have solved the problem. During both installations there was apparently a problem with overriding files, despite me running the installer as administrator. menu.txt was for example not up to date.
That's really strange and it shouldn't be happening. If you find out the real cause of your problem please let me know... People reported this problem before but usually they can not explain anything because they don't understand a thing about computers and their OS. It seem that this is not the case here...
Did you have any abnormal messages during the mod installation BTW? How did you find out that menu.txt wasn't replaced by the installer?

Quote:
I solved the problem by extracting the installer with 7-zip to a folder and then manually overriding the whole install dir, then rerunning patcher and JSGME. Everything seems to be working and i now have tool tips for knowing what the buttons do. Also solved a long range of other issues i hadn't even realized were an actual problem. Also have german sound now so it should be in perfect condition.

An example of quick thinking and fast "problem solved" report!

Last edited by vdr1981; 08-10-18 at 04:50 PM.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote