View Single Post
Old 08-07-18, 03:12 PM   #10506
Captain_AJ
Crusty

Downloads: 324
Uploads: 0

Hello All

Having played SH5 before with a huge MOD soup, I will say that TWOS has been the best thing that ever happened to SH5 hands down!!

However. it is frustrating for me that A lot people, have problems with simple install technique. I wish that I could be more of help in solving your issue's. At once before I had the same issues of pop-ups and CTD's . and in the earlier versions of SH5 the huge mod soups caused all of this, There have been many times . with a frustration factor, were I removed - re-installed and got the same problem's before .. so then I quit Sh5 and put it on the shelf and started playing SH4 FOTRS -- Now that was on my earlier computer . I now have a new rig and did the exact to the T install of the instruction's -- I have had no problems. In my mind, I am thinking that a lot of problems are because of how your computer is set-up. I have found that turning off things like windows recovery, doing things to optimize your memory and cleaning the comp of duplicate files can help in the problem solving of issues I don't know for sure .. but I have had success in getting things done. I certain that other programmes can interfere with the loading of your game, which will cause the pop-ups and CTD's. I now use a program that shuts off everything that runs in the back round and there are many of these programs that are similar -- I use this to cleanly start my game -- it is called Razor cortex

https://www.razer.com/cortex

Another thing that can be done is use this advice for setting up your comp for gaming. it applies to FSX flight simulator but it gets those files that are un-necessary to never be started.it can configure your comp to run efficiently I am using win7 and I hate win 10 LOL. It can be applied for SH5

this is the address to that information

https://www.simforums.com/forums/the...opic46211.html

Some of us Veteran SH5 simmers.K now a way to get rid of U play altogether. Pm me and I'll tell you how ( hope I don't get banned). this is all in the breath of helping ..

I have seen where all seem to start their campaign's in polish water's. I have never done that campaign but use "silenotto" to skip campaigns .. Now doing op drumbeat with 17 kills and the goal is 20 before going back to the bunker

Anyways all I wish I was more of a comp wiz when it comes to your issues -- VDR must have his hands full with the same similar question's

Captain_AJ is offline   Reply With Quote