View Single Post
Old 07-30-18, 07:57 AM   #10459
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkara View Post
Hey guys, i checked now already the half internet and for sure the bigger tutorial site with tipps

Is there any way to edit the specialabilities, shipspeed, torpedos and deckgun as example in TWOS ? i tried to edit the files in Silent Hunter 5\data\UPCDataGE\UPCCrewData and in the documentsfolder too, but nothing happens.

Maybe someone can give me a little tip or whatever please?

Thank you so much.

There are different options you can trigger in the TDW Generic File Patcher and in the OFEV for TWoS. Messing with the first one can have unpredictable negative game behavior, so backup all files as explained in the THEBERBSTER's tutorial #2 and be prepared to re-copy them and re-run the GFP if it doesn't work.

Else, no, there are AFAIK no common optional mods for TWoS that would do what you want, except maybe 'Deckgun friendly Waves' which is not included in the TWoS package anymore, but it makes Deckgun operations easier in rough seas. I'm sure Vecko the modmaker can tell you more about possible mods to add...

Be aware that there are for sure older mods that may do your sort of things, but they are NOT compatible with TWoS most of the time; however it's worth to download them anyway just to see what files and data they change

Last edited by XenonSurf; 07-30-18 at 08:20 AM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote