View Single Post
Old 06-01-18, 06:40 AM   #6043
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrywb57
Can the mod Big Better Protractors be used. Hard to see the numbers on the map compass with these old eyes!

Larry
Good question, and worth answering. I'll check!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyzBegonia
…………... when we'll get "custom" plugins? I just can't wait for CapnScurvy's OTC for this!
My next couple of issues with the mod come first:

1. AI Sensor modifications...... after "verifying" that what they read is what you get? In other words, checking to see if a 1000 yards maximum range is truly a 1000 yards range? I've got my suspicions that it is not and that's why the AI (game controlled units) Visuals, Sonar, Radar, Hydrophone are producing superhuman tendencies in-game. Not that a little of this is all bad but, I want more realistic game play.

2. To go along with the above, the player controlled Hydrophone is going to miss 80% of the contacts you'll run across when using the Hydrophone yourself. The subs Sonar man picks up the contact just fine, the player however, won't hear a thing. This is a known issue and it's been around since day one of the game. Few know that it isn't due to the subs Hydrophone performance, but rather it's caused by each AI ship units performance parameters (engine_RPM; Engine_ power). THIS is the key area that effects how well you "hear" a contact with the Hydrophones. And, it's been perpetuated by modding these figures to cut out the "jack rabbit" acceleration of many of the AI ships!! Talk about one thing leads to another.....here's a good example of it! My plan is try to get both engine performance and Hydrophone operation to work together, providing both with realistic behavior.

If I can accomplish these "yet to be done" tasks...….OTC is coming.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"

Last edited by CapnScurvy; 06-01-18 at 07:08 AM.
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote