View Single Post
Old 12-15-17, 05:22 PM   #1
spindrift
Swabbie

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0
Default 1.09 beta Owwwwww!

I am so getting my bum handed to me on a plate. I got away with a couple of missions, both considerably more challenging than before the update until I got the intercepting the invasion fleet at Keflavik/Reykjavik.

There was already a torpedo in the water before I'd even classified anything and when I shot a counter salvo (to keep them busy or so I thought) down their bearings all hell let loose and I didn't even have to hear hide nor hare of an MPA or a helo to be swimming like a frightened mackerel. I was so comprehensively swamped with torpedoes, more than I had ever seen but over a longer time period. I've studied at Jive Turkey's school of torpedo evasion but after around 35 minutes of 'flank ballet' during which time they were just dropping a few more, then a few more, I ran out of tricks and couldn't evade any more.

I'm sitting gripping a stiff drink and waiting for my pulse to get back to normal.

Did I mention I'd taken the difficulty down to mumble/mumble/hurrumph/... "easy" to get used to the update.

A final "sensible" point. I really miss not seeing all of the control consoles visible without the playable subs mod. I don't think it would have made that much difference in this mission but things do go more smoothly with all of them on display.

Phew!

Last edited by spindrift; 12-15-17 at 05:23 PM. Reason: minor grammar corrction
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote