View Single Post
Old 11-05-17, 02:46 PM   #2
Delgard
Skipper

Downloads: 48
Uploads: 0

One at a time...in my play...

Depending on the aircraft, they have torpedoes, dipping sonar (helos), dropped sonar sensors (aircraft), bombs, and a Magnetic Alloy Detector (MAD). You have to know your enemy's air assets in your scenario/campaign.

Napoleon once said, "If I make it look easy, it is because I prepared well".

I think there is some immersion in that. CW runs a balance between simulator and game. Other SUBSIMS take similar or different approaches. CW, being a new release, has great graphics and KFG's take on being a sub Commander during each time period.

Both sides, and we, for the most part, only see the Soviet capabilities and that is for the campaign/scenario timeframe. Whether they were good, or bad, KFG works hard to give accuracy. There is also some tweaking ability if you tinker with file settings (be careful) but no ability to add "walk around" or manual operating of stations to any degree. The idea, as I perceive it and want it, is for the crew to do that labor and let me sit in my chair, drink coffee, and think tactics.

With that in mind, I like the crew to be informative so that I can think tactics and push minimal buttons on my CDR's tablet.

The use of the camera is actually optional to each player. If you don't appreciate the graphics/game attitude in that way, don't use it.

Going back to the air assets, they are what they are, nothing less, nothing more. As the Skipper, I just read, practice, understand. For one thing, I don't think I have ever raised a mast. Once a pilot sniffs me I expect him to be good at his job using his assets. I expect that and I want that from my own crew.

It is good to tinker, I have. But, I stop doing a technique when it turns out bad.

Keep going, it is KFG's idea of being a submarine commander.
Delgard is offline   Reply With Quote