View Single Post
Old 10-27-17, 06:59 AM   #9024
Skvid
Seaman

Downloads: 33
Uploads: 0
Default Weird AI bug

So i ran into a pair of destroyers on patrol at night, and i approached them while submerged, i was going at flank speed though. As i pulled up my periscope at around 3km distance i got spotted immediately.

What followed was weird... I dived to 70m and tried to be sneaky, silent mode and all that, i would even shut off the engines if i heard them slowing down through my hydro. Nothing helped, this went on for forever, i tried everything.

i went afk for a couple of times since i thought time compression might be messing with the game and ruining my stealthy attempts to gain distance. Nope they were still on me.

After a while they stopped depth charging and pinging me, and they didnt depth charge that much, i doubt they run out of charges. They just started circling in these tiny circles at flank speeds about 1 km from my position.

There is no way they could hear me running on silent while they were pushing their engines. They didnt ping either. And they kept shadowing me like this till i ran out of batteries. Its ridiculous.
Skvid is offline   Reply With Quote