View Single Post
Old 09-20-17, 09:34 AM   #68
thereddaikon
Watch

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Stuart are you saying that US subs are too loud or Russian subs have sensors that are too good? I think as things are its close enough, especially considering the type of game we have here. CW isn't silent hunter. It's not supposed to be a hardcore sim like SH or DCS world. It's more like Strike Fighters, a sim-lite game. Realistic modeling stops when it gets in the way of good gameplay. I am fine with this. If I wanted a super accurate subsim that took me days to figure out I would play SH. I just want to sink stuff and feel like an awesome sub captain while doing it.

The Soviet Subs are clearly inferior while not being so much so that they aren't challenging.

The suggestion I would actually make is rebalancing aircraft and subs so instead of hopeless red SSNs and uncanny MPAs and Helos, the SSNs are a bit better and the aircraft are less godlike. The only subs that have ever given me trouble in this game, even on elite are modded modern Russian subs. Sierra's are mk48 food. Those Damn MPA's always know where I am though.
thereddaikon is offline   Reply With Quote