Old 09-09-17, 02:45 PM   #7
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webster View Post
can you explain more about the privacy issues with chrome

and does it have the same issues as the others with not working with all websites?

im not going to be running multiple browsers I know that much, my OCD wont allow it
It does not delete your DNS cache when you delete your browser history. When you use zoom on a website, the zoom function gets logged as welll - with reference to to the website it is used for. So even when you delete your browsing history, your history nevertheless get saved and extracted, linked to your IPN.

There are more issues as well, some may have changed over time, some not, I do not know the specifics that are actual, I just gave two quick shots of what I still have in memory. Also: I know that profiling people is the business model of Google and this data is what they see as their payment, so I will not believe one second that Google does its browser service "fore free". In fact, many people consider the data kraken named Google as worse than that named Microsoft.

When the first versions of Chrome were released years ago, they were so invasive and violating that the German federal office for IT security officially rated Chrome as malware and issued an official warning against the use of Chrome. A first! It was also found that at that time severla switches that gave the user the impression of influencing his privacy settings, indeed were functionless: were dummy switches.

I would not trust a company that starts its browser with practices like this. Like I do not trust Microsoft anymore since its practice with GWX, and then W10. It is pointless to attack Microsoft - but to embrace Google. Reject both, I say.

Also consider that Google combines data it gaisn via Chrome with data it already has abiout you: via gmail, or your smartphone, or your other computer activities, or your G+ account, or - well, where is Google not these days? See my sig. Snowden is very right with that quote.

Before you go with Chrome, I would check Opera and Vivaldi, and make sure that it is not some settings of yours that cause your "problems". Becasue I hjave the same symptoms iover here - but form t he settings I have chosen I expect nothign else but right these symptoms, they confirm to me that I have switched many unwated automatic things off.

I always say: the more comfortable your browsing experience is, the more open and unsecure and privacy-abusing your browser is set up to be. You cannot have both: comfortability, AND privacy/security.