Thread: Wired torpedo
View Single Post
Old 09-03-17, 03:44 PM   #10
-Pv-
The Old Man

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

I have this figured out now. Clicking up/down vs L/R operate much differently.

When clicking L/R each click will turn the torp by and increment.
When using the Up/Down, the UI is Much different. The user must HOLD the click for as long as you want the depth to change. Letting go causes the torp to return to level. Unless using the 3D view, this is a bit tricky.

When using the Weapons screen controls you have to use the 3D action view to see how much you've changed depth. While watching the Conditions screen to judge the depth of your target contact, the player has to use the numpad in numlock mode, 8/5 to control depth or turn (4/6.)

In my opinion, this makes using the Weapon steering controls second best because your options and UI interaction is more clumsy.

Now that I understand how it is intended to work, I can say it does work, but the Manual gives little or no hint of this important subtlety.

Pg 12:
Torpedoes on a wire have additional commands available: Cut Wire: Use Shift 4 to cut the wire on this tube. Activate Torpedo: Use 4 to set the torpedo into enabled mode, just as if it had reached its waypoint. Edit Waypoint: LEFT CLICK (M) waypoint on either the Tactical Map or Mini-Map and RIGHT CLICK (N) to place it at the current mouse position. Only torpedoes on a wire that have not yet reached their waypoint and become activated can have their waypoint changed. Steer Torpedo: Use Keypad 4 (Control A) and Keypad 6 (Control D) to manually change torpedo course. Torpedo Depth: Use Keypad 5 (Control W) and Keypad 8 (Control S) to manually change torpedo depth.
-Pv-
-Pv- is offline   Reply With Quote